This is a blog linked to and for my Tumblr. Go ahead and follow if you'd like or aren't already: suchalady90.tumblr.com

Friday, November 11, 2011

What about Free Will?


You know the saying “what’s meant to be will be” or “what’s meant to be will always find a way”?

Well I’ve been struggling with that concept. Keep in mind this is my opinion. I believe that God has a plan for us. He has a place of success that he wants us all to get to. But there’s a catch to that. People kind of look at me crazy when I say that but it only makes sense. I mean if things were going to happen solely because they were meant to be…would we have homeless? Would we have people struggling? Drug addicts? I mean I don’t think God meant for anyone to be 40 sumn living on the streets begging for change.  Yea yea okay what’s your point? What’s the catch? The catch is we have free will. We have the ability to choose our paths in life. Yes God wants us to go one way, but we can decide to go another. I’m not saying everyone who is living on the streets or going through some kind of trial right now brought it onto themselves. But sometimes that is the case. But let’s bring it back to a more specific topic. When people say what’s meant to be will be they are usually talking about relationships or people walking in and out of our lives. It’s kind of a defense mechanism or something to make you feel better. If it was meant to be, it will be.  That’s the justification. Well what if it was meant to be but it didn’t happen because someone fucked up. Someone made the wrong decision or did something stupid in the most major of ways. Is that not possible? Are you telling me that no matter what we do as people…if you are meant to be with someone, it will happen? I tried my best to believe this, to understand this concept and I just don’t. Maybe it’ll take someone breaking it down to me. Or maybe it's just how i feel at the moment because of what I've experienced with people. Example…I was watching The Adjustment Bureau. Hope you seen it cause I’m going to get real specific right about now lol so um, spoiler alert I guess. The two main characters are meant to be, that’s been established. But, the guy makes a decision…he decides that he’s not going to be with her. He walks out on her. And she goes to marry someone else. Now that is kind of out of context but it just illustrates my point. These two people were soul mates, made for each other, true love and all that goodness. But because he made that one decision…they almost (because of course it’s a movie so he had to go get her back) did not end up together. This happens all the freaking time lol. And you might find someone that makes you happy, a good person who genuinely loves and cares about you, like the guy she was going to marry in the movie.  But that doesn’t mean you were supposed to be with them. That spark, that passion, that fire that you had with your true love…you’ll never feel that again with anyone. I guess this is a real pessimistic way of thinking lol, idk…but it’s the only way that makes sense to me. It’s like people are trying not to blame themselves for messing up something that they know would  have been great…instead they just say “It wasn’t meant to be”.   I guess. I'm still back and forth with it myself tho so...whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment